Nov 1, 2009

Do You Know Your Learning Style?

Do you know your own learning style? Do you prefer text or pictures? Do you learn better by doing? If you're curious, you can find more about learning styles and complete a questionnaire to determine how you learn here. I completed the assessment and now have a better understanding of the learning methods that work best for my style.

I have developed a training website on the interview process that includes the methods that best reflect my style of learning. Based on my results, I am an active learner and learn best by doing. I have included a quiz on my site to engage active learners.

I am a sensing learner and prefer learning facts and connecting information to the real world. I have included facts on how to research prospective employers and provided a graph that makes a connection to the real world using current statistical information.

As a visual learner, I absorb more through images, charts and graphs. I have incorporated several visual examples. The graph above will help learners remember that researching a prospective employer is an important step of the interview process. On my home page, I included icons to to aid in navigation.

There is also a video that presents a visual representation of how to dress for an interview.



Throughout the site, I have used images of professionally dressed individuals to emphasize the importance of attire for the interview process.
























I included a color coded graph for important questions to ask on an interview. These questions can be role played with a partner for better retention and will further benefit active learners.







I am also a sequential learner and learn better when information is presented in linear steps. I added numbers to the various steps to help users when preparing for an interview.





Understanding and addressing different learning styles can determine the success of a website. With modern technology and software, websites can offer much more than text and can appeal to larger audiences by doing so. I have tried to accomplish this with my training website on The Basics of Interviewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment